Ask yourself these questions:
- What’s your budget? Remember to consider the cost of bills and other outgoings.
- Can you afford the location and type of property you want? Our lettings agent can offer prospective tenants advice on what is realistic and where you can compromise.
- Are you looking for a property that’s furnished or unfurnished?
- What type of tenancy are you looking for? Typically properties are let under assured shorthold tenancies on a twelve month term, but there are lots of options. Some landlords will offer shorter or longer lets, and some will be happy to include break clauses or notice periods. Our letting agents can advise on the options and how to discuss this with your prospective landlord.
- Are you ready to sign? Before you start viewing properties, ensure you are in a good position to move. Think about how you will source references and how you will confirm your employment.
- Are you ready to transfer your deposit? You’ll need to do this before you can confirm your new home. The deposit is usually one or two months’ rent. Remember you will also have to budget for any fees and moving costs as well as your deposit.