- One bedroom apartment
- Walking distance to Muswell Hill
- Walking distance to Highgate tube
- Elegant period proportions
- Plentiful natural light
- Moments from Highgate Wood & Queens Wood
- Chain Free
This apartment is spacious, occupying the whole first floor of the property. The logical layout maximises space, providing all the benefits of lateral living. Large windows at the front and rear of the apartment provide plentiful natural light, and the property has elegant period proportions. The décor has a simple sophistication, with high quality contemporary fixtures and fittings that perfectly complement the period features. These include lovely wood floors, original sash windows, cast-iron fireplaces with ornate tiled surrounds, and a ceiling rose.
The large living room easily accommodates sofas and a dining table and is directly adjacent to the kitchen. This is an ideal arrangement for daily life and entertaining. The focal point of the living room is the vintage fireplace which has a marble mantelpiece and bespoke alcove shelving to either side. The original sash windows also add visual interest, with charming pale coloured glass in the upper panes. The kitchen has a New England feel, with traditional style floor cupboards, a ceramic Belfast sink, and terracotta floor tiles. Open shelves instead of wall cupboards optimise the sense of space.
The bedroom is beautifully light. The sunny south-facing window, fitted with plantation shutters, has far-reaching views over Queens Woods. There’s plenty of space for a large double bed and bedroom furniture, and two bespoke fitted wardrobes frame the feature fireplace. The carefully considered décor continues into the shower room, which has a monochrome scheme of white metro wall tiles and floor patterned tiles, and a modern washbasin and WC. A simple glass screen defines the shower area.
The property comes with a share of the freehold.
- The apartment is ideally located for access to the friendly neighbourhood centre of Muswell Hill with its wide selection of shops and amenities, including independents and high street chains. Crouch End is also within easy walking distance, just a mile away.
- It’s just 0.7 miles (an easy 15 minute walk) to Highgate tube station on the Northern Line.
- The property has easy access to green spaces. Highgate Wood is a couple of minutes’ walk away at the end of the street, and it backs onto Queens Wood, a lovely green space with 52 acres of ancient woodland with walking trails, a pond, playground, and café.
Council tax band: D