The seven steps to selling your home
Before selling your home, you must be sure you are making the right decision. Then you can plan your strategy for selling. So start by asking these questions:
1. What are your reasons for selling your home? Do they justify the time and costs?
2. Have you calculated the costs of selling? As well as agency fees, you must also consider conveyancing and moving costs, as well as the cost of any new furniture or redecorating required.
3. At what price should you market the property? This is the most important factor when selling your home, and you need a good agent who understands the local market and can ensure you list your property at the right price.
4. What condition is your property in? Do you need to undertake repair work, re-decorate or re-stage your home for prospective buyers? A small investment can make a big difference to the price your property achieves and how quickly it sells – a good agent can give you the right advice on this.
5. How quickly do you need to sell? If you have already found a home or have a fixed timescale, let your agent know the full details so they can give you the best advice.
6. What offers would you accept if they come in below your selling price? You may receive a good offer early on – have you thought-through what offers you would be willing to accept?
7. Are you ready to complete if an offer comes in? Have you got your finances in place and started your search for your next home, so that you are ready to move on and in a good position to accept offers? Our agents can help you prepare effectively and get your timing right.