Boasting views of the River Tay, this traditional upper villa in Newport on Tay further benefits from a double bedroom, a generous living room and dining kitchen, and stylish, contemporary interiors, plus access to a shared garden and unrestricted on-street parking.
Perfect for first-time buyers, professionals, couples and rental investors alike, this stylishly-modernised traditional upper villa is situated in Newport-on-Tay.
Approached via a shared stairwell, the villas front door, flanked by a handy external store, opens into a welcoming hall, where the tone for the accommodation is set with crisp-white décor and a wood-styled floor. Situated to the front of the property is a living room. Here, muted décor, a lofty ceiling with cornicing and a south-facing window create a wonderfully bright and airy ambience and a tranquil space in which to relax and entertain. Ample floorspace is provided for furniture layouts, whilst a cupboard offers hidden storage. Across the hall, a kitchen also enjoys generous proportions and boasts views of the River Tay. Accommodating space for a dining area, the kitchen is well-appointed with a selection of contemporary cabinets, spacious wood-inspired worktops, and lime-green splashback tiles. Integrated appliances include an eye-level oven, an induction hob, a gleaming extractor hood, and a fridge/freezer, whilst there is scope for an integrated washing machine. The villas well-proportioned double bedroom neighbours the living room, sharing its sunny aspect. The sleeping area is stylishly-presented with neutral décor, elegant cornicing, a chic navy-blue accent wall, and oak-styled flooring. The bedroom also features large fitted wardrobes, maximising floorspace for furniture. Finally, a contemporary, fully-tiled bathroom, with stylish monochrome wall and floor tiles, comprises a bath with an overhead shower and a glazed screen, a WC-suite, and a chrome towel radiator. Gas central heating (with a Nest thermostat) and double glazing ensure year-round comfort and efficiency.
Externally, the villa enjoys access to a shared rear garden with a communal outbuilding and two handy private outbuildings, while parking on Robert Street is conveniently unrestricted.
• Traditional upper villa
• Lovely river views
• Stylishly-modernised interiors
• Shared stairwell
• Welcoming hall
• South-facing living room
• Contemporary dining kitchen
• Sunny double bedroom
• Chic three-piece bathroom
• Shared rear garden
• Unrestricted on-street parking
• GCH and DG
The opening of the Tay road bridge in 1966 ensured Dundee became easily accessible from north-east Fife.
Tayport, Newport-on-Tay and Wormit are strung along the estuary's southern bank hillside, enjoying spectacular views over the river and the two bridges. Away from the waterfront are villages like Gauldry and Balmerino, with the latter's beauty and ruined 13th Century abbey celebrated in verse by William McGonagall. It enjoys Conservation Area status.
Newport was briefly christened "New Dundee" by Guildrymen who financed development plans. The pier and inn date back to 1715 with a Telford-designed harbour built in 1820.
Tayport rubs up against the Tentsmuir Nature Reserve and is home to Scotscraig Golf Club. In times past it was known as Ferry-port on Craig, before the Victorian railway line arrived in the 1850s.
These communities may look towards Dundee for "big city" amenities but easily accessible Cupar and St Andrews also provide secondary school educational and shopping options.