This extensively, refurbished and tastefully decorated two bedroom, penthouse apartment, sits pride of place within the historic Gilstead Hall, which itself is a beautifully converted 18th Century. Grade II listed building, steeped in local history.
Imagine living in a tranquil, country setting, driving home on a summers evening, turning into a private sweeping drive leading to the entrance of a Grand Hall, set in acres of beautiful mature gardens, with shimmering water pond for ducks and geese.
Turn the key of the front door and enter into a chandeliered, communal, hallway with large fireplace, seating area and grand white piano. Follow the curvature of an original, stately, staircase, arriving at the door of your beautifully presented penthouse apartment, overlooking the communal grounds and uninterrupted rural views beyond.
One of only eight apartments within Gilstead Hall, the property is being offered for sale at £499,995 with a share of the freehold of this historic building, full of charm and bursting with character.
ADVISED BY VENDOR
No expense has been spared with full refurbishment of the entire apartment in 2019. This includes; new rewiring, new flooring, full renovation of windows, new limed oak doors, new lighting, full plastering of all wall & ceilings, new bespoke designer bathroom, new bespoke designer kitchen with granite worktops & Neff appliances, interior designed lounge that includes antique glass & 18 carat gold leaf applicay, new carpets throughout, Hive central heating, expansive floored and wired loft for storage.
Along with visitors parking within the grounds of Gilstead Hall, the property benefits from its own private carport.
Just off Coxtie Green Road, Gilstead Hall is a short stroll to Brentwood Golf Club and a few minutes' drive to Upminster and Brentwood town centre. Transport links nearby include train stations at Brentwood, Upminster, Shenfield & Harold Wood all with trains to Central London, as well as the nearby roadways of the M25, M11 and A12.
Gilstead Hall, dating back to 1726, was for many years the home of the Wrights, who were prominent Catholic Bankers and good friends of a certain Lord Byron, known to have been a frequent visitor and good friend to the family. The building was extended to the east in the mid 18th century. In 1863 it was a boys' boarding school and then from c. 1900 to 1937 or later, home of the Crawshay family. The property was finally converted into eight apartments 31 years ago in 1989.
**3D Virtual Interactive Video available on request.**